The Office for the Advancement of Early Care and Education in Partnership with Quality Start LA is now accepting applications for Workforce Pathways LA – Stipend Program Fiscal Year 2020-2021!
**Note: Funding for Workforce Pathways LA – Stipend Program is dependent on funding in the State Budget for Fiscal Year 2020-21.
|Applications with supporting documents due:||Friday, December 4, 2020|
Based on the legacy of the Investing in Early Educators Stipend Program (AB 212), Workforce Pathways LA is a comprehensive workforce development model that works in partnership with Quality Start Los Angeles (QSLA), the County-wide quality improvement consortium. The project supports participants along the career lattice with a focus on three areas including 1) licensing/health and safety; 2) professional development, permits, and degrees; and 3) workforce systems improvement. The Workforce Pathways LA Stipend Program provides financial incentives to early educators for achieving milestones along the career lattice like attending 21 hours of CDE professional development, completing college courses, obtaining their first Child Development permit, or achieving a college degree. Stipends are available for LA County early educators who work in centers or family child care homes where most of the children are subsidized by the California Department of Education/Early Learning and Care Division (CDE/ELCD).
As part of the Workforce Pathways LA application, all applicants must complete and upload the Professional Growth Plan and select one goal for the current program year.
The professional growth goals for Workforce Pathways LA that participants can choose from include:
- Completion of 21 hours of professional development funded by the CDE (i.e. West Ed training, Family Child Care at Its Best Training, etc.) or Care Courses within the program period (complete after March 31, 2020 and before March 31, 2021)
- Completion of a college course (Only unit bearing courses are applicable – complete after March 31, 2020 and before December 31, 2020)
- Obtaining an initial Child Development Permit (obtain by March 31, 2021)
- Achieving an associate or bachelor degree (complete after March 31, 2020 and before March 31, 2021)
To apply for the Workforce Pathways LA – Stipend Program, you must have a CA ECE Workforce Registry profile.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Workforce Pathways LA Stipend Program, go to the California Early Care and Education Workforce Registry (ECE registry) at www.caregistry.org.
- If you have a registry profile, enter your email address and your registry password.
- If you do not have a registry profile, create one.
- Once in the ECE Registry, click on Stipends and Pathways.
- Once in Stipends and Pathways, click on Application.
Further questions regarding the Workforce Pathways LA – Stipend Program application should be referred to Workforce Pathways LA Staff by email at:
Renatta Cooper: email@example.com; (213) 639-6464 (Educational Requirement Questions)
Elizabeth Casprowitz: firstname.lastname@example.org; (213) 639-6452
Claudia Valle: email@example.com; (213) 639-6495
Workforce Pathways LA – Stipend Program is funded by the California Department of Education/Early Learning and Care Division (CDE/ELCD)