Are you part of Quality Start Los Angeles? If you work at least 15 hours per week at a participating early learning program, you may be eligible to earn cash for going to school! When you complete at least three units of coursework towards a Child Development permit or ECE degree, you will receive a $1,000 stipend plus professional development assistance.
Applications will be accepted through September 17, 2017 or until the program has reached capacity. Click here to apply
To be eligible to apply you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Work for pay in a licensed Child Care Facility (Center or Family Child Care Home), or public school-based facility that is in contract with Quality Start Los Angeles (QSLA)
- Work at a site that does not have a California State Preschool Program (CSPP) contract*
- Work at least 15 hours a week directly teaching or caring for children ages birth through five
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Be planning to complete a minimum of 3 units of coursework towards a Child Development permit or ECE degree or related field (July 1, 2017– June 30, 2018)
*Centers with CSPP or FCCs with at least 51% CDE subsidized children may be eligible for Los Angeles County Office of Child Care, Investing in Early Educators Stipend Program. Please call (213) 974-4674 or visit http://ceo.lacounty.gov/ccp/iieesp_prepare.htm for more information.